Saturday, January 8, 2011

Joined the Gym . . . Again

Work Out World opened up near us recently.  My son, Kyle, had joined during their pre-opening and the other day my daughter, Chelsea, went there for a tour and came home saying she wanted to join.  Kyle, Chelsea and I already belong to another gym - they go alot and I go . . . never!  But, once again, this New Year's resolution for both my husband, Billy and I is to get healthy.  Eat healthier, exercise, lose weight - you know, the same old stuff.  My youngest son, Tyler, has the same resolution!  Tyler has gained quite a few pounds since my father passed away and so have I!  So, to make a long story short, I went down to WOW the other night with Chelsea and Tyler and took the tour.  The place is great!  Has everything you could possibly imagine to make working out easier!  And fun!  Tanning is inlcuded in the VIP price!!!  Woooo Hoooo!  So I signed on the line - signed up Chelsea and I for the VIP level (for the tanning) and signed Tyler and Billy up for the basic.  Good for us!!!  Way to take that first step right?  Neither Billy or I have set foot in the building since! 

Why is this so hard for me?  How can I possibly hate my body, hate the weight that I've put back on, hate feeling self conscious all of the time and then still eat things that I know I shouldn't and not make any effort to exercise?  I WANT to go to the gym - I really do.  But I am nervous about going - alot of my kids' friends go there and I feel like they will be laughing at me.  I don't want to be the fattest person in the gym.  But the other side of that, as I well know, is that if I don't exercise and get my eating under control I will only gain more weight.  So I need to make a choice right?  Either do what I need to do or shut up and accept the way I am.  Problem there is that I have never been able to be happy with myself as a heavy person and am not going to be able to accept the way I am right now and be comfortable with it.  So . . . maybe tomorrow I will make it to the gym?  After I go to my brother's house for pizza tonight! 

No comments:

Post a Comment